Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My name is Kevin Warfel, and I am a linguist working with SIL. Currently I am based in North Carolina, but I spent 19 years in Burkina Faso (West Africa): 1990-2009, doing linguistic research in the Puguli (Phuien) language and assisting other linguists through administrative and support tasks with the local branch of SIL.

This blog is intended to be a running commentary on developments relative to my current role as Associate Dictionary & Lexicography Services Coordinator (a.k.a. Dictionary Development Coordinator) with SIL International. I accepted an invitation to serve in this position in the summer of 2012 and officially began in this role October 1, 2012.

My primary area of responsibility in this role is the promotion of the Rapid Word Collection (RWC) technique, as developed by SIL linguist, Ron Moe, and refined by a group of other interested SIL members, myself included. Many more details about RWC can be found at RapidWords.net. Questions about the methodology can be directed to me via the link on that website.

No comments:

Post a Comment