Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14: Return to Ouagadougou

Pam drove me and Pastor Thomas Yembone (record-keeper) to Ouagadougou this morning, arriving at noon. The trip was uneventful, but the air was filled with dust. Here are a few pictures I took along the way.

Brown and muted green are the feature colors in the Burkina landscape this time of year.

How's this for a way to brighten the day of the person behind you?
close-up of mudflap
I spent the afternoon unpacking, getting clothes washed, shopping for my family, and picking up the shirts I had ordered before leaving for Garango two weeks ago.

three new shirts
In the evening, I met a friend at a restaurant. He is a geographer who recently developed an interest in collecting paper money from Africa, where he travels to do field work about four times each year. Since African paper money is one of my passionate interests, we had lots to talk about. Before I knew it, two hours had flown by--pretty amazing for a non-talkative introvert like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment