Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 4: Packed and ready to go to South Sudan

My bags are packed; I'm checked in for my first flight; now I have just a few minor preparations to attend to. Here is my flight schedule for the way over to South Sudan. (All times are given in Eastern Daylight Savings Time to give a more realistic idea of the flight and layover durations. Both Ethiopia and South Sudan are 7 hours ahead of EDT.):

August 5-6
Charlotte–Washington, DC   6:00–7:22am Aug 5
Washington, DC–Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)   11:00am Aug 5 – 12:05am Aug 6
Addis Ababa–Juba (South Sudan)   7:55–9:40am Aug 6 (arrival 4:40pm local time)

A volunteer driver from JAARS will be picking me up around 3:30am to take me to the Charlotte airport, which is approximately a 50-minute drive from where we live.


No comments:

Post a Comment