Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 24 - Day of Departure

'Happy Birthday' to my daughter, Rachelle!

I've just gone through the check-in process for my first two flights--did it online from Africa. How about that?! Here is my itinerary for today and tomorrow. All times are in Eastern Daylight Savings Time for ease of comparison. Actual time in Juba and Addis Ababa is 7 hours later.

Juba - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 9:10 - 11:10am
Addis Ababa - Washington, DC 3:30pm Aug 24 - 8:30am Aug 25
(a one-hour refueling stop is scheduled in Dublin, Ireland)
Washington, DC - Charlotte 5:10 - 6:35pm

My time here in South Sudan has been very positive, but I am ready to be back home again.

I expect to be kept busy today with last-minute details, so am posting this at the beginning of the day, anticipating that I will not find time to do it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment