Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I didn't have much time today to devote to RWC activities, due to my wife's cataract surgery this morning. (It went well, and she's recovering well.) I spent a couple of hours this afternoon learning how to take data collected during a RWC workshop and format it like a dictionary in a program such as Microsoft Word. We will use this technique during the upcoming workshops to print out the words collected each day, so that the participants can take copies home to check them for mistakes. This will be a new facet of the workshop for me (never did this as part of any of the previous workshops I've been involved in), so it was a bit of a learning curve. Nevertheless, this is a very important skill for me to add to my "toolbox." Many people want to print out their dictionary data, and I've had a vague idea about how to do it, but had definitely not mastered the skill. I'm still a long way from mastering it, but with some help from a colleague, I succeeded in getting results that were pretty much what I was hoping for. Thanks, Greg!

No comments:

Post a Comment