Thursday, October 30, 2014

Stateside preparations for Ethiopia RWC workshops - to train colleagues who will run workshops

Oops! In the midst of all the preparations for my departure 24 hours from now, I neglected to post an entry yesterday. This is a quick attempt to make amends.

Wednesday I worked at pulling together all of the resources (lecture notes, video clips, Power Point presentations, etc.) that I plan to use during the training portion of the upcoming workshops. Some of these are stored on the internet, so I made sure I had copies on my internal hard drive in case I can't access the internet to get them when I need them.

I also learned Wednesday that there will be a total of four trainees at these two workshops in Ethiopia--an Ethiopian who works with SIL and three SIL expatriates (two who work in Ethiopia and one who is based in Tanzania). Each of these four individuals expects to serve as a consultant for other RWC workshops in the future, so I want to train them well. This will be the first time that I have the privilege of "multiplying" myself by training others who intend to do what I am currently doing. It will be a challenge to provide all four individuals with practical experience in teaching the material that is to be presented, but I do have two workshops in which to accomplish that instead of just one. I'm beginning to think through exactly how I can best train all of these interested and motivated people.

Kevin Warfel

No comments:

Post a Comment