Monday, October 27, 2014

Today Anita and I met with our supervisor via Skype to discuss how we would use the money that has been budgeted for RWC workshops in this fiscal year (Oct '14-Sep '15). We learned that of the $63,000 we had requested in order to run six workshops, we received only $15,000. (The bright side is that that's $15,000 more than we had last year!) Still, we've got a pretty big challenge before us to figure out how to use that limited amount effectively. So Anita began contacting those responsible for the six workshops we had hoped to do, in order to gather additional information that will help us decide what we will and won't be able to do.

Preparations today for my trip to Ethiopia included notifying debit and credit card companies of my travel plans, arranging for transportation to the Charlotte airport at 4:00 AM on Friday, and corresponding with people in Addis Ababa about practical details for my first few days there. I also created a frequent flyer account with the airline I'm traveling with this time, in case I happen to book with them again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment