Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday, February 3 A-sailing we will go!

My first goal for my stay here in Dakar seems to have been met: I am going to sleep and waking up at the right times for life in this time zone. Now it’s time to move on to my next destination

I had to repack the contents of my two suitcases into just one because when I return from the Casamance region where the workshop will take place, I will be flying and will be allowed to check only one bag. Neither of my bags was completely full, so with the aid of some compression I was able to get 80% of my belongings into one. The rest of my things are in the second suitcase in the care of friends here at the Center, to be retrieved when I get back in two weeks.


Now it’s time for us to take our luggage to the ferry and check in there. The boat is scheduled to leave at 8pm local time (3pm Eastern), and we will get to our destination of Ziguinchor approximately 15 hours later if all goes according to plan. I’ve been told to expect a wonderful experience, with one of the expected highlights being watching the dolphins as we transition from ocean to river just after dawn. Stay tuned for details of the trip in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment