Saturday, July 29, 2017

Saturday, July 29 - Final Details Before Departure

A portion of the day today was spent with colleagues Phil & Cathy Davison, whom I had not seen in quite some time. Another colleague, Laurel Miller, who is based here in Abidjan, drove us to various places to do the shopping we needed to do. We also enjoyed lunch together at a restaurant and ice cream for dessert. I bought the final things on my kids' shopping lists, then tagged along as the others got what they needed from grocery stores.

For supper I was invited to the apartment of some other colleagues, where I enjoyed rice with an American-style gravy as opposed to the African-style sauces I've had this past month. I am very grateful for the hospitality of my colleagues here, one of whom will help me get a taxi in the morning to go to the airport to catch my flight out.

This will be my last post to this blog until I am back on home soil. I am scheduled to arrive in Charlotte very early Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment