Thursday, July 6, 2017

Thursday, July 6 - Training Day 2

I could sense the excitement building in the workshop participants today as we moved from lectures to practical exercises. I spent the morning explaining the details of what each one would be doing once the word collection actually started next week, then in the afternoon, we divided the entire group into four smaller ones, and I assigned each group certain topics to focus on as they set about doing some real word collection. There were some lively discussions about elements of the Djimini language, and some good questions came up which I then addressed and clarified for the participants.

Today was “laundry day” for me. Because I left the guest house before 8:00 am (when the woman would arrive who would wash my clothes by hand), I put some of my "outer" clothing including socks in a plastic bag and left them outside the door to my room. (In some parts of the world, certain personal items are washed within the family.) Today turned out to be a fairly sunny day, so by the time I got back in the evening, everything had been gathered together and placed back in the bag for me at my door. Sometime soon, I will reimburse her for the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment