Monday, July 3, 2017

Tuesday, July 4 - Final Preparations

Health update: My heartfelt thanks to each one who prayed for improved health for me. The irritation in my throat due to my cold is greatly reduced at the end of the day today, leaving me feeling optimistic about my ability to teach all day tomorrow without being plagued by a cough. Keep praying me through this, but at the same time, praise God for the healing and relief I’m experiencing already.

Work update: Today there was a lot of printing to be done in preparation for the workshop, which will start tomorrow morning. Since the demands on the printer we were counting on to do all of this would be quite high, I asked you all to pray that it would hold up, and I’m happy to report that it did. We printed approximately 1200 pages of material with that printer and ordered another 1800 photocopies of a document that we needed in that quantity. Those copies have been promised by the start of the workshop in the morning.

We also installed FLEx, the program we use for doing the data entry, on the five computers available for use during this workshop. And I completed the task of rounding up the files that I need for the training that I will begin tomorrow.


Food update: Before coming here, I wondered what sorts of food make up the Djimini diet and whether I would have difficulty eating any of them. I am pleased to report that most of what I’ve been served I’ve found very palatable and much of it very appetizing. There are a few things I’ve tasted that I wasn’t very fond of, and I’ve learned to keep my eyes open for pieces of hot pepper that haven’t been minced, but I’m eating well and not going hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment